I learned how to make roses icing, thanks to the videos on the internet!! I’m so happy and they make my cupcaks look a ton more professional. I’m so making this at our next gathering party!
Makes 12 cupcakes
Time to make the cupcakes: around 40 minutes plus baking time, an additional 25 minutes
Time to make the icing: around 15 minutes
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 2 cups of freshly made coffee
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup maple sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter
Ingredients for the buttercream:
- 1 cup of vegan butter (or margarine)
- 4 cups (yes!!!) of powdered sugar (sucre glace)
- 4 tsp of maple syrup
- Start by making 2 cups of coffee.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- While it’s brewing, combine the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves.
- In another bowl, combin the hot coffee, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- I suggest to lightly oil the muffin tin instead of using cupcake cups.
- Separate the batter into a muffin tin (12).
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove when a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before icing.
To make the icing:
- In a large bowl, mix the margarine until fluffy. Use a hand-mixer or stand mixer.
- Slowly add in the 4 cups of powedered sugar until light and fluffy. The mixture will double in size, or more. Be patient 🙂
- Add the maple syrup, one teaspoon at the time, for a total of 4. Don’t put in too much because it will liqufy your buttercream.
- It is now ready to use.
I suggest this tutorial to learn how to make roses: http://www.wilton.com/technique/Roses
Here are some pictures of the cupcakes I made!