I think I’ve had this 3 days this week. It’s so good, and can easily be made under 30 minutes (30 minute meals with Patricia…anyone??). For 1. Double for two (obviously)
- 1 pepper
- half an onion
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/8 cup couscous
- boiling water for couscous
- 1 teaspoon of vegetarian oyster sauce (it’s mushroom based, also happens to be vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 block of firm tofu
- Start by prepping your veggies. Quarter your onion, dice your pepper in about 1 inch pieces.
- On a baking tray, lay your vegetables, paprika, cumin, cayenne and oil and toss. Use your hands and toss everything!! I usually eyeball seasoning and spices so feel free to do the same.
- Put the tray in the little oven at 400F for about 30 minutes.
- Use a boiler to boil water. Once boiled pour little by little on couscous, cover and wait until all absorbed. It’s better to add water after, because you obviously can’t remove it if it’s too wet.
- All things are cooking, steaming, off to do the tofu.
- The marinade is simple. Ratio of 2:1:1. Oyster sauce, maple syrup, oil.
- Cut tofu blocks in 6 slices and marinate them.
- On a grilling pan, heat medium-high, grill you tofu! Don’t move them around because you want those nice lines. After 2-3 minutes check if they have the right look. Turn them over, cook on medium heat.
- Done 🙂