Last week I had a homecooked dinner with my friends to celebrate the end of the semester and to welcome spring. I created a spring inspired menu, with fresh flavours. Here is a salad that is easy to pack for lunches and picnics and looks great because of all the colours.
You will need a round/spherical spoon (like a mini ice cream spoon) to make little fruit balls. You could also just cut the fruits but that makes them extra pretty. You can find them at any kitchen store I think!
I only used honeydew and strawberries from last summer (frozen, thawed, and cut in half) but you could use any of these fruits
- 1 watermelons
- 1 cantaloup
- 1 honeydew
- Fresh fruits in season
- Frozen berries
- A small bunch of mint
- Not necessary but 1 tablespoon of organic canadian (quebec) maple syrup.
- Use the spoon to cut out melon balls
- Slice the strawberries
- Thinly slice the mint (chiffonnade)
- Mix everything in a big bowl (with the mint and maple syrup)
- Put in the fridge at least 1 hour before serving!
Other things on the photo: tomato tart, local brewed cidre, lentil soup, apple/walnut salad, mustard vinaigrette