It’s fall, which means…pumpkin everything!!! If you are into that, these would make a great base for whoopie pies!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powde
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 vegan margarine (or 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 2 cups (500g) of tinned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tbs soymilk
- 1 tsp melted margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 350F
- Combine flours, baking soda, baking powde, cinnamon, nutmg, ging, clove and salt in a large bowl. (Mixing Bowl 1)
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream suga and vegan margarine until well blended. (let’s call it mixing bowl 2)
- Add in the pumkin, and vanilla to the mixture in mixing bowl 2 and combine until smooth.
- Gradually fold in the flour mixture (that was in mixing bowl 1).
- Grease a baking tray or line a baking with parchemin paper.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon portions of cookie mixture on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 1-18 minutes until the sides are firm/medium brown.
- Remove from oven and let them side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a rack, to cool to room temperature.
- Make a glaze!!
- In a new mixing bowl combine: all the glaze ingredients (see above). ADD liquid LAST. Gradually add the liquide until the desired consistency is reached. Blend until smooth.
- Spread over cool/room temp cookies.