I found some igname noodles at the asian supermarket. They are zero calories!!! Crazy. and it was enough to make a dish for 3 people! This recipes very cheap to make as well. You should be able to find igname noodles in the fresh pasta aisle, near fresh tofu and such. They are packed in liquid. (ps: they are also called yam noodles, miracle noodles or shiratake noodles)
- 1 packaging of igname noodles
- 2 carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- a little bit of oil
- soy sauce (2 tbs)
- rice vinegar (1 tbs)
- sesame oil (2 tsp)
- Julienne carrots, finely dice onion and garlic. Take the stem off the peas (not sure of the technical word in english…”parer” in french) and cut them in half.
- Heat oil (about 1 tbs) in a stir fry pan on high, and add all vegetables. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Remove veggies from pan, transfer to a big bowl.
- Rinse noodles in a colander. Transfer to heated pan (same as before) and add 1 tbs of soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer noodles to the bowl with the veggies. Add sesame oil and rice vinegar. Toss.
- Serve with some crunchy sesame seeds. This dish can be eaten alone, or as a side with some grilled, marinated tofu for a source of protein.