A nice easy breakfast to do when you have to many ripe bananas and don’t know what to do with them. Delicious with maple syrup. (No matter what people say, no. agave syrup will never replace maple syrup!!!!)
- Slices of bread (not fresh) (i used some local organic multigrain)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cups of soy milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vegan margarine
- Mix all ingredients in a shallow/plate/bowl thing until lump-free. Except bread and margarine.
- Heat your pan on medium heat and put a knob of margarine.
- Soak the slice of bread in the mixture until well coated (you really want to “inside” to be soaked too because otherwise you’ll just end up with banany-toast)
- Lightly scrape excess off bread and fry up in the pan. Let it brown on one side (don’t touch it too much) then turn it until both sides are brown.
- Serve two per person. Would taste delicious with maple syrup, some crème anglaise, fresh fruits (I had banana and blueberries), and a sprig of mint.