What to do when you are having a successful zucchini season? Make some raw zucchini pasta! I’ve been seeing a lot of these on the internet and they looked pretty so I gave it a try.
- one zucchini
- one cup of basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- lime juice
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes or tomatoes
- If you have a mandolin, make some long thin ribbons of zucchini. If you don’t, it’s the perfect time to put your knife skills to test! Make just enough for what you’ll eat, don’t waste! 🙂
- It’s pesto time. In a blender, blend basil, a teaspoon of lime juice and pine nuts. Gradually add olive oil until desired thickness is obtained. You could also use water instead of oil, or just to make it less thick.
- Mix the pesto (just enough, not the whole thing!) with the pretty zucchini pasta.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes or slice the tomatoes.
- In a plate, serve a good portion of pasta, some tomatoes on top and a little basil leaf for full-on impressive effect!