I tried this key lime pie from blogilates.com. It’s a very simple, quick and fun to make recipe. I’m not a big fan of avocados so I added more limes than the recipe called for. I love the bright and soft green colour!
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes (juice and zest)
- a few tablespoons of sugar to taste
- 3/4 cup of cashews (or walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- 6 big pitted dates (soaked for an hour) (or 12 small dates)
- handful of shredded coconut
- In a blender, blend the soaked (and drained) date with cashews until you get a coarse paste.
- Tranfer mixture to a pie pan and flatten with your hands.
- Scoop out avocado flesh, add in the zest of 2 limes and their juice. Start by adding 1 tablespoon of sugar. Blend and adjust to taste.
- Scoop out the filling mixture to the crust/pie pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for a few hours.
- To serve, slice and add coconut and very thin slices of limes.