Simple and quick sushi recipe, makes enough for two (or three once i’ll improve my sushi making skills and be able to layer rice more..thinly.)
- 1 cup botan sushi rice
- 1 and 1/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- a little bit of salt
- half a carrot
- half a cucumber
- half an avocado
- nori sheets
- Put the rice and water in a rice cooker, cook as usual.
- When the rice is cooked, prepare the seasoning.
- On low heat (top stove), mix white wine vinegar, salt and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer cooked rice in a large bowl and pout seasoning on top, mix with a wooden spoon. Use a little fan to remove moisture and cool it.
- Julienne carrot and cucumber.
- Cut avocado.
- Fun part now — sushi rolling! Use a mat, put some wrapping plastic on top, a sheet of nori.
- Prepare a little bowl of water for your hands to prevent rice from sticking too much.
- Put a thin layer of rice on nori sheet leaving about 1 in at the top.
- Put your veggies and avocado (which is a fruit by the way!!!) on the rice and use the mat to roll.
- Now that you have the roll, just slice it and eat!