This raw vegan chocolate cheesecake is rich and sweet. Yet, the silken texture of the cake contrasts beautifully with the crunchy cashew base.
Enough for 8-10 people.
1. Blend the pecans in a mixer. Don’t overblend or it will turn into a paste. You should get a flour like texture. You can also roughly chop by hand to get a crunchy texture for your crust!
2. Put all the ingredients of crust (1st part of ingredients) and scoop the mixture into a 9 inches spring-form pan. Press using your hands.
3. Blend until smooth the raw cashews, maple syrup, water and salt. Add cocoa, almond butter, coconut oil to the mixture and blend again. Scrape down the side. You can also transfer the mixture to a big bowl and mix it using a spatula. You should get something similar to a dough.
4. Spoon the filling unto the crust and even it out with the spatula.
5. Now put it in the freezer for at least two hours!! I left it overnight… 🙂
6. It’s time for the icing! Now you can skip this if you aren’t into super sweet dessert but it does add a shiny look to your impressive raw dessert. Microwave the coconut oil until melted and add in the chocolate sauce ingredients. Pour it on the cake (still in the spring-form pan).
7. Wait a few minutes for the sauce to set and carefully run a knife at the edges, carefully remove from the pan, and enjoy!
Adapted from Veganbaking.net