This recipe for strawberry jam cookies is a classic. Sweetened with maple syrup and coconut flakes, they have a delicate taste.
1 cup rolled oats
¾ desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
1 cup white flour
1 cup sugar
125g (about 1/2 cup) of vegan butter
2 table spoons of maple syrup
½ teaspoon baking soda
1-3 tablespoon water
A few spoonfuls of strawberry jam
Preheat oven at 300F (150C)
- Mix oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a big bowl.
- Mix maple syrup with melted vegan butter in a small bowl.
- Mix baking soda with 1 teaspoon of hot water. Mix that with the maple syrup and butter mixture. It should not be very dry, but not completely wet either.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchemin paper. Use a tablespoon to scoop the cookie mixture on the sheet, leaving room for cookies to spread. The mixture should hold shape but they will spread quite a bit. Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Add a spoonful of strawberry jam in the middle. The amount you put is left to your discretion! If you only add a little bit, as the cookies cook the jam-cookie ratio will be off.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes if you desire.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes!